Good Shepherd Fairview Home at Binghamton has offered housing and health care services for nearly 140 years to our seniors. Good Shepherd Fairview is a not-for-profit residential healthcare community that offers various levels of care to accommodate individual needs, including:
apartments for independent living
enhanced assisted living residence rooms
assisted living program rooms
skilled nursing facility beds
private rooms for short-stay rehabilitation
skilled respite beds
Join our community!
- Take a stroll down our "Main Street." Visit our cafe, beauty salon, bank and barber shop. We feature a Town Hall and Wellness Center, too. Enjoy social, religious, educational, and cultural activities, including shopping trips, outings, and community events.
- Outside, our beautifully landscaped garden features a Gazebo and gentle waterfall.
- Good Shepherd Fairview Home is staffed 24 hours a day. The entrances are monitored by video and audio systems. Outside entrances are secured at all times.
- We are all about "living well" so join our Wellness Center and take advantage of our state-of-the-art strength training equipment and cardiovascular conditioning equipment designed specifically with you in mind.
- The Therapeutic Recreation department arranges and directs a variety of social, religious, educational, and cultural activities. Scheduled shopping trips, outings, and community events are available to interested residents.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in resident common areas as well as in our assisted living and nursing home rooms. We also have a generous library with large print books. Resident computers are set up in 3 areas of the Home. The computers are specially equipped to meet your needs.
- We offer chaplain services as well as visiting clergy from area churches.
Outstanding Levels of Care!
- Choose from beautiful apartments that allow you to come and go as you please!
Enhanced Assisted Living
- This gentle midpoint in care lies between Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing. Here, residents can "age in place" with a more personal level of care.
- Created to serve adults who cannot or choose not to live independently. We offer a little bit of extra help to fully enjoy life including medication management, meals, and housekeeping, as needed.
- Our skilled nursing staff of RNs, LPNs, and certified nurses' aides (CNAs) are among the area's finest.
- We provide 24-hour personal care and medical attention.
Short Stay Rehabilitation
- Good Shepherd has long been recognized as a leader in therapy service.
- Patients who require rehab after surgery may take advantage of private rooms and dining areas as they rehabilitate.
- Our Respite Care provides care in our skilled nursing facility to someone who is normally cared for in the community.
- Respite stays are prearranged with set admission and discharge dates, and are limited to 30 consecutive days.
- Our professional nursing team provides services and supervision 24 hours a day.
Admissions - Getting Started
There are several steps involved in the application process. We hope that the following information will assist you.
Step 1: Schedule a Tour
Tours are available Monday through Friday. If a weekday is not convenient, our staff will work to accommodate your availability.
Step 2: Submit an Application
Obtain an application form, either by requesting one by phone, downloading it or submitting it online to our Admissions Department.
Step 3: Interview
An interview with a member of the Home’s Admissions Department is required prior to admission.
Step 4: Medical Evaluation
Incoming Adult Care Facility residents must have a medical evaluation by their physician.
Incoming Assisted Living Program residents are required to have a medical evaluation by their physician and a New York State assessment by one of our staff.
Incoming Skilled Nursing Facility residents must submit a medical history from their physician and have a physical examination prior to admission. In addition, an evaluation by a community agency is required to confirm the applicant’s need for nursing home placement.
We believe each resident should be treated with dignity and respect. We value the individuality of each resident and are committed to person-centered care as we assess a resident's needs.
If you wish to apply for entry to Good Shepherd Fairview Home, please complete the application by downloading it or completing it online, and provide the requested documentation. We are available to answer questions that you may have as you go through the application and admission process. We will be pleased to offer our assistance. After all… It’s All About Living Well®!
Schedule a Tour
Give us a call at 607-724-2477 or use our contact form to schedule a visit!
80 Fairview Avenue
Binghamton, New York 13904